The Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) invites applications for 2014-2015 DAAD Scholarship in the university. The MIPLC is a part of the DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply. Please read the information provided below very carefully, and follow the link to their website for details.
Application Procedure: To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Please refer to the DAAD program brochure 2014/15 and read the information carefully;
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards;
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC by using their online application system, accessible below, and follow the instructions provided;
- When you come to the end of the online application, check “I would like to apply for financial assistance” and “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically;
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (for details, please refer to the brochure – NB: the MIPLC does not require a research exposé);
- Send your complete application as detailed below.
- Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
- You are 36 years or younger;
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
- You received your degree no more than six years ago;
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience;
- Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements, i.e. IELTS band 7.0, or TOEFL ibT 100/ cbT 250/ pbT 600. Institutional TOEFL scores will not be accepted. This requirement does not apply if your native language is English or if you have obtained your university degree from a university or program where the language of instruction is English.
Required Application Documents
- DAAD application form
- Hand-signed CV (please use the europass template
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- Research exposé (not required by MIPLC)
- Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country (stating the applicant’s specific function and time of employment), and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities: English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: Institutional language tests will not be accepted); German – if available
- Certified copies of awarded academic degrees
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Certified copy of School Leaving Certificate
Deadline: October 15, 2013. Deadline for applicants from Nigeria, Cameroon, and Myanmar is July 31, 2013.